This section explains what you can do if your holiday plans are disrupted or there is an accident or emergency while you are away. You can find information on what to do if a holiday company goes out of business or if your booking is changed or cancelled.
Pre-booking holiday advice
Cancellation and changes to holidays
Your holiday company goes out of business
- Your package holiday organiser has gone out of business
- Your travel agent has gone out of business
- Your holiday company goes out of business
- What you can do if your airline, holiday company or travel agent goes out of business
- Your rights if you book your flight with your hotel or car hire
- Is your holiday Flight-Plus?
Problems with holiday accommodation
Problems with holiday services
Accidents, illness, and emergencies on holiday
- You’re an independent traveller and your travel destination might be dangerous
- Accidents and illness when travelling independently
- You got food poisoning on a package holiday
- You need to come home early from a holiday
- You think your package holiday destination might be dangerous
Complaining about a holiday company
Problems with holiday clubs
- What is a holiday club?
- You’ve changed your mind about being a holiday club member
- You were put under pressure to sign your timeshare or holiday club agreement
- Are you within the cooling-off period of your holiday club agreement?
- What happens when you cancel a timeshare or holiday club agreement?
Problems with timeshares
- What is a timeshare?
- You’ve changed your mind about a timeshare agreement
- You think you were misled about your timeshare
- You want to sell your timeshare
- Cancelling a timeshare agreement during the cooling-off period