You may have problems when getting connected or paying your energy bills. Find out how to choose a supplier or switch to another one, and what to do if your power goes off.
There is also information on saving money on your energy bills and what help might be available.
Choosing and switching supplier
- Getting a gas or electricity supply - overview
- Choosing a gas or electricity supplier
- Comparing prices for gas or electricity
- Energy contracts explained
- Will you be asked to pay a deposit when you sign an energy contract?
Problems switching energy suppliers
Saving money on energy bills
- Saving money on energy bills
- Insulating and draught-proofing your home
- Energy monitors and smart meters
- Grants and schemes to help you save money on energy bills
- Green Deal
Help if you're older, disabled or on a low income
Energy mis-selling and scams
- Rules about selling gas and electricity
- When a gas or electricity salesperson calls – how to protect yourself
- Bogus energy salespeople - common tricks
- If someone tries to sell you a prepayment meter top-up at the door
- If you've been offered a gadget to save money on energy bills
If your gas or electricity goes off
Complaining about energy companies
Domestic heating oil
Generating your own energy
Frequently asked questions about gas and electricity.