Common problems with products
Consumer law protects you when you buy goods. Read these pages for information on your legal rights when things go wrong. For example, if your item is faulty or a delivery has not arrived.
What you can do about faulty goods
Dangerous or unsafe goods
You have changed your mind about what you have bought
Problems with price or payment
Problems with delivery
Lost, found and uncollected goods
Trader stopped trading
- Trader is not responding
- Find out if a trader has stopped trading
- Problems with a limited company which has stopped trading – what are your options?
- Problems with a trader who’s stopped trading – limited companies
- Problems with a trader who’s stopped trading – sole traders and partnerships
- Letter to ask to be placed on list of unsecured creditors
Videos about your consumer rights.