Phones, TV, internet and computers
Read about how the law protects you and ensures you are not treated unfairly by a company.
Find out about your rights, including how to switch and how to sort billing problems.
Can you help us improve our consumer advice?
We’d really value your feedback about your experience using this website.
Please answer a few questions about why you came here today and how helpful you think our advice is.
You can open the survey now and complete it when you're ready.
Problems with contracts, packages and offers
Problems with switching providers
Problems with a bill
- Disputing a bill
- You’re struggling to pay your bills
- Someone won’t pay their share of the bill
- Advice for vulnerable people
- Your service provider is threatening to disconnect you
Problems with services related to your contract
Equipment and services for disabled people
- Your mobile phone is lost or stolen
- Using your mobile phone abroad
- Buying insurance for your mobile phone
- Secondhand mobile phones
- Cashback problems – mobile phone contracts
Choosing a provider
Making a complaint
- Stopping nuisance calls
- Top tips for stopping marketing texts, calls and emails
- Offensive or harmful internet content
- Telephone tapping
- Avoiding insurance and warranty scams
The internet - filesharing and copyright
- The internet – using other people’s material
- Copyright infringement and illegal filesharing - overview
- What to do if you're accused of copyright infringement
- What to check before you respond to a letter before action accusing you of copyright infringement
- How to respond if you deny the claim of copyright infringement