Problems with tax

Many people find tax confusing but help is available. Find out where you can get help with your tax affairs and how to challenge a tax decision.

You can also get help with common problems with tax you pay through your wages or pension.

This content applies to England

Information on help for tax problems including tax HMRC helplines, tax offices, the Revenue Adjudicator, the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, professional tax advisers and tax charities.

Information on problems with PAYE including starting and leaving jobs, losing a P45, changes in circumstances, and how to deal with a tax problem.