Why is this important? The information we provide differs between countries. To get information for your country, please select from the dropdown.

Grandparents – advice and support

If you're a grandparent, the Grandparents' Association can provide advice, information and support for you. They especially work with grandparents who:

  • have lost or are losing contact with their grandchildren because of divorce, family arguments or other problems
  • care for their grandchildren on a full time basis
  • have childcare responsibilities for their grandchildren
  • are interested in the educational and welfare needs of their grandchildren.

The Grandparents' Association have a range of services. These include a general helpline, welfare benefits advice, support groups and factsheets, including on issues like contact, and residence orders.

You can find out more about the Grandparents' Association, and get copies of their factsheets and information by contacting them:

Helpline: 0845 434 9585
Welfare benefits advice: 0844 357 1033
Website: www.grandparents-association.org.uk.

Citizens Advice

Rate this page Give feedback