You may have been treated unfairly in some situations, but this is not always against the law. Understanding what counts as discrimination can be complicated.
Here we tell you how to spot discrimination and how to take action to stop it.
Are you protected from discrimination?
What are the different types of discrimination?
- Direct discrimination
- Indirect discrimination
- Comparators in direct discrimination cases
- Justifying discrimination
- Pregnancy and maternity discrimination
Taking action about discrimination
- Before you take action about discrimination
- Getting information about your discrimination case
- Taking legal action about discrimination
- Time limits for taking legal action
- What do you need to show the court?
Public sector equality duty
- What's the PSED?
- Who must comply with the PSED?
- Must public authorities always comply with the PSED?
- When can you use the PSED?
- Taking action
Discrimination in health and care services
- What are hate incidents and hate crime?
- How to report a hate incident or hate crime
- Problems reporting a hate incident or hate crime
- Disability hate crime
- Racist and religious hate crime