Debt and money
Dealing with money issues can sometimes be off-putting, but if you don't understand how things like credit or mortgages work, you could end up losing out financially or getting yourself deep in debt.
The following pages will give you the information you need to make the right choices, including help to deal with your debt problems, how to avoid losing your home and how to get your finances back into shape.
If you'd prefer to talk to someone call our Adviceline on 03444 111 444. Calls to this service cost the same as calling 01 and 02 numbers.
Help with debt
- How to sort out your debts
- How to dispute a credit debt
- Options for getting out of debt
- Dealing with urgent debts
Action your creditor can take
- Creditor takes you to court for debt
- How a creditor can get information about your finances
- Creditor takes money from your bank account
- Creditor takes money from your wages
- Types of borrowing
- Getting the best credit deal
- How lenders decide whether to give you credit
- Your rights when you borrow money
- Credit cards
- Getting a bank account
- How bank accounts work
- Joint bank accounts
- Stopping a future payment on your debit or credit card