Travel, leisure and food
Consumer law protects you when you use travel, leisure and food services. If you are not happy with something you have bought or the service is not good, you have rights. Find out how to take action.
Can you help us improve our consumer advice?
We’d really value your feedback about your experience using this website.
Please answer a few questions about why you came here today and how helpful you think our advice is.
You can open the survey now and complete it when you're ready.
- Pre-booking holiday advice
- Cancellation and changes to holidays
- Your holiday company goes out of business
- Problems with flights
- Problems with holiday accommodation
- Before you buy tickets for an event
- Event tickets arrive too late
- If the organisers cancel the event
- If you are not able to go to an event
- If you don’t get the event tickets you ordered
Food and restaurants
- Food and restaurants - an introduction
- Restaurant food is poor
- Restaurant service is poor
- Unsafe or poor quality food bought in shops
- Complaints about food labelling and advertising
Information on how to find out rights of access to the countryside and using the countryside code.