Different ways of buying
Your rights differ depending upon how you buy something.
You may buy something on credit, online, by mail order, by phone. You may also buy on your doorstep, at a boot sale or from a private or overseas seller.
Find out more about these ways of buying in this section.
Buying goods and services on credit or by debit card
Buying by internet, mail order or phone
- What do the distance selling regulations cover?
- How a distance sale contract is made
- Information you should receive when you buy at a distance
- Extra rights to information when you buy electronically
- Buying financial services in a distance sale
Private sales and car boot sales
Buying on the doorstep
Your rights if you bought goods at a reduced price in a sale, including what happens if you change your mind and faults that were pointed out to you by the seller.