Common problems with service providers
When you get a service carried out consumer law gives you certain rights. For example you may get a repair, building work done or have something made for you.
Find out what you can do if you have a poor quality of service or have goods damaged.
Can you help us improve our consumer advice?
We’d really value your feedback about your experience using this website.
Please answer a few questions about why you came here today and how helpful you think our advice is.
You can open the survey now and complete it when you're ready.
Poor quality service
Trader has been negligent
Changed my mind
Problems with cost
Problems with how long a service takes
Trader cancels a service
Trader stopped trading
- Trader is not responding
- Find out if a trader has stopped trading
- Problems with a limited company which has stopped trading – what are your options?
- Problems with a trader who’s stopped trading – limited companies
- Problems with a trader who’s stopped trading – sole traders and partnerships
- Letter to ask to be placed on list of unsecured creditors