Cars and other vehicles
This section will help you to choose a car and explains what to do if you have problems after you buy. You will also find help if you have problems with services carried out by a garage or if you get a parking ticket.
Can you help us improve our consumer advice?
We’d really value your feedback about your experience using this website.
Please answer a few questions about why you came here today and how helpful you think our advice is.
You can open the survey now and complete it when you're ready.
Problems with the car you bought
- Can you change your mind about buying a car?
- The car you bought is faulty
- The car you bought is not roadworthy
- The vehicle you bought doesn’t match its description
- You bought a car from a dealer posing as a private seller
Garage repairs and services
- Charged too much for work
- Problems with the quality of garage repairs or service
- Delays in carrying out work
- Disputing a bill
- Top tips for choosing a garage