Builders and home improvements
This section explains your rights when having building work or home improvements done. For example, having a boiler fitted or getting an extension.
Find out how to solve problems and complain. For example, the job takes too long or it costs more than agreed.
Overview of builders, building work and home improvements.
Problems with poor quality work
Problems with poor quality or faulty materials
Problems with cost
- Paying a deposit for building work
- Paying call-out charges for building work and other repairs
- More building work needs doing than you first agreed
- You are charged more than you expected
- Building problems with a property you bought from someone else
- Problems with building work carried out by sub-contractors